Thursday, December 2, 2010

Mama Bear

I'm going to have one of those Mama Bear experiences tomorrow that I really wish I didn't have to deal with. There are a couple of girls in 5th grade with Ashley that simply don't like her for whatever reason and have been causing a LOT of drama and in turn blaming it all on Ashley and making up stories. Ashley got in trouble with the Principal because of it and now I have a meeting with the two 5th grade teachers, the Principal and the school Psychologist tomorrow. What it really boils down to are girls who are really bullying MY daughter but as a group, telling the staff that Ashley is causing it. When you think about it, how is any child safe in a bullying situation if someone simply believes one thing because a larger group of students are saying it's so, rather than believing the one child who is left to fend for themselves? My Mama Bear will come out strong tomorrow to defend my child and ask why I am the only parent being brought in for this meeting instead of the school staff getting all of the girls together and talking through the situation instead of bringing them all in individually where they don't have to face the person they are making up stories about. After all, they ARE all 5th grade girls...need I say more?

No comments: